Call us on:
01225 715 715
Site Search

Frequently asked questionsSelwood Housing written on Scrabble Board

We answered the questions we get asked regularly below.  If you still have a question, please contact our customer services team on 01225 715 715 or email, and we'll be happy to help.

Can you help me with my garden?

We have a gardening club that you can apply to join.  Our gardening club leaflet explains who can join the club and sets out the prices. Contact us if you would like us to send you a copy in the post.

Is there still an exchange register?

We are now part of the Homeswapper scheme, which means you can exchange homes with a tenant anywhere in the country if you meet certain conditions, such as having a clear rent account.  Contact us, and we will send you a leaflet that explains how the scheme works. We also have a Facebook page called Selwood Swaps where you can look for an exchange.

Tip: Don't forget that you can access the Internet to look at Homeswapper, Homes4Wiltshire or HomefinderSomerset in our reception. 


Will you fix my broken toilet seat?

We can help you, but we will charge you for replacing it unless you live in sheltered housing or in a home that has an alarm system.

Tip: Try B&Q, Wilkinson or Argos as it may be less expensive for you.

How do I go onto the housing register?

Contact us, and we can send you the information and forms. If you want to apply, please send the forms to your council.

Tip: We have access to the Homes4Wiltshire and HomefinderSomerset websites in our reception if you would like to bid or see the advertised vacant properties.

Am I able to buy my house?

We can send an information pack that you need to complete so we can see if you are eligible.  You can also find more information on right to buy and right to acquire on our website.

What do I need to do if I want a satellite dish/water meter fitted?

You will need to put this in writing to us.  Click here for help with writing your letter.  We will then reply to let you know if you have permission and any conditions you need to follow.

How do I report an emergency repair at the weekend or during the evening?

Call our out-of-hours emergency service on 01225 715 999.

This is only for emergencies.  We define an emergency as anything that puts health and safety, or security at immediate risk, or something that adversely affects the structure of the building.

Tip: You can find out more about how to report a repair on our website

Why hasn't my wheelie bin been collected?

Your council manages your wheelie bin.  Please contact them for more information.

What should I do if I have rats in my garden?

Contact us on 01225 715 715 for advice.

Someone has stolen my black recycling box.  What should I do?

Please contact Hills recycling on 0845 603 2085 if you live in Wiltshire.  If you live in Somerset, contact Somerset Waste Partnership on 01749 648 999.

How do I get more information on Selwood Lifeline?

You can find information on our Selwood Lifeline on our website.  Or, we can send you our Selwood Lifeline leaflet that explains how to apply and how much it costs.

I have heard that you want tenants to make a difference - what can I do?

There are many ways to get involved from formal meetings to filling out survey questionnaires.  You can find out more on our make a difference service on our website or by contacting us on 01225 715 712 or email

Can you help me if my sink is blocked?

We can help you but will charge you unless there is a fault with the drain. 

Tip: Try using a product for unblocking drains or a plunger available from DIY stores. 

If you’re a third party solicitor enquiring about our insurance policy details and Portal ID:

For EL our insurer is Zurich Municipal, policy number JHA-22S272-0023-52 and the portal compensator ID C00108.

For PL our insurer is Zurich Municipal, policy number JHA-22S272-0023-52 and the portal compensator ID C00108.

this page was last updated: 26/11/2015 10:02:00


Text size: A A A