Call us on:
01225 715 715
Site Search

Discretionary housing payments

Councils can make discretionary housing payments (DHP) to people who claim housing and/or council tax benefit. They are paid in addition to housing or council tax benefit, where certain criteria are met. The payments are temporary and designed to help claimants through a difficult patch. The government has made more money available to councils for DHP because of welfare reform.

The councils are inviting people to apply for DHP now. If you have been affected by the bedroom tax and are worried you cannot pay the extra and you have not been able to move you may be able to apply. You will be able to use one of these forms to apply: Wiltshire Council application form or Mendip District Council application form.

this page was last updated: 23/05/2017 14:57:00


Text size: A A A