The Margaret Stancomb Memorial Infants' School was built in 1893 and funded by John Perkins Stancomb in memory of his late wife.
Thousands of local children passed through its doors until they closed in 2008, when the school merged with Trowbridge Parochial Junior School to become Bellefield Primary School at a different site.
The Wiltshire Rural Music School expressed an interest in using the main building, but the agreement fell through and the site remained derelict for over a decade.
Selwood Housing Group secured planning permission to develop the site in summer 2019 and works began straightaway. The first homes were due to be completed in summer 2020, but following a break during the first lockdown, were delivered in the autumn instead.
The original school building has been converted into 3 shared ownership houses, with another 18 homes built in the grounds of the site. These are a mixture of flats and houses for shared ownership and social rent.
If you have any questions regarding the former Margaret Stancomb school site, please call us on 01225 715 715.