What did we ask?
We asked our customers to review our policy and procedure on how we tackle reports of domestic abuse and to give us their recommendations for how we could improve the service.
We wanted to make sure that our policy and procedure was fair, accessible and informative.
What did our customers recommend?
42 people gave us their views and gave us the following suggestions:
- Better signposted support for victims such as contact details for agencies and advice.
- A commitment to providing a safe and compassionate environment where victims can feel listened to and believed when they come to us.
- A policy with a simple format.
- An explanation of how tenancy matters may be resolved in the event of domestic abuse allegations.
What did we do?
- We worked alongside local authorities and Splitz support service to improve our policy and procedure and make it easier to understand.
- We have appointed Sarah Johnson as our champion against domestic abuse within our neighbourhoods team. She will work with victims and ensure they are being heard.
- We have designed a new webpage for domestic abuse with updated contact details for local services and a section for frequently asked questions and advice.
To find out more information or how you can get support for domestic abuse, please take a look at our webpage here: Domestic abuse - Selwood Housing
Thank you to all of our customers who took part and made a difference.
If you have any questions about this project, or to find out about ways to get involved, please contact our involvement & communities team.