Festive feast - carrot koftas
These quick and easy-to-prepare Christmas carrot koftas from Aldi are perfect for last minute entertaining. They're pocket friendly too...
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You will need... (serves 5)
- 350g carrots, pealed
- 70g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 spring onions
- 1 large garlic clove
- 15g fresh coriander
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 2 slices of white bread (80g)
- salt and black pepper
- rapeseed oil to try
- extra Greek yogurt
- mango chutney
- trim, wash and chop the spring onions finely
- peel and finely chop the garlic
- roughly chop the coriander
- chop up the bread into small pieces
- put all of the above into a food processor
- add the cranberries, curry powder, yogurt and chilli flakes
- chop the carrots roughly and boil in some salted water for 5 minutes, until just cooked, then drain well
- add these whilst still hot to the rest of the ingredients in the food processor
- season with salt and black pepper
- blitz until you have a smoothish mix
- transfer to a bowl to allow to rest for 10 minutes
- divide the mixture into 10 balls - approx. 50g each
- shape into croquettes, then fry in the rapeseed oil until browned
- serve alongside some yogurt and mango chutney
Quick Christmas cocoa
These easy-to-make marshmallow snowmen float in a mug of hot cocoa for an adorable and tasty winter treat...
How to save energy over the festive holidays
We often consider how to best save money at Christmas time, but what about saving energy?
Selwood Housing is a registered charity (1141124). Selwood Housing Society Limited is a company limited by guarantee (4168336). We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority reference no 739371.
All rights reserved.