My Account | Register

Wiltshire waste and recycling

Blue-lidded bin

You will be able to recycle the following items in your blue-lidded bin:

  • plastic bottles
  • plastic pots, tubs and trays
  • cardboard
  • food and drink cartons
  • shredded paper

Black plastic and plastic films cannot be recycled.

Black box

You can continue to recycling the following items in your black box:

  • paper
  • glass bottles and jars
  • tins and cans
  • clean foils
  • empty aerosols
  • bagged textiles and clothes

You will keep the same containers for your rubbish and recycling and will still be able to recycling all the same things that you currently can, but will also have the opportunity to recycling a wider range of items.

Wiltshire Council are still able to collect non-recyclable household waste and garden waste for a charge.

Please note, collection days will still remain the same.

For more information, please view the Wiltshire Council website.

What is fly-tipping?

Read more about fly-tipping and what to do in the event that someone illegally deposits rubbish onto your property.

Wiltshire Council offer collection of large items

If your large items are unsuitable for reuse, Wiltshire Council can collect these from outside of your property for a charge.

There is a reduced charge of £11.50 per item if you receive means tested benefit, including housing benefit, council tax reduction and/or income support.

For more information, visit the Wiltshire Council website.

Selwood Housing is a registered charity (1141124). Selwood Housing Society Limited is a company limited by guarantee (4168336). We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority reference no 739371. All rights reserved.
Our offices will be closed on Thursday 17 October for our annual staff event, re-opening at 3pm. If you have a genuine emergency, please call our out-of-hours service on 01225 715 715.