Menu Close


Grounds maintenance

Apart from individual homes and gardens, Selwood Housing also own other areas of land within our communities which we look after. The management of the grass, trees, hedges and shrubs on this land is called grounds maintenance.

We will be reviewing the way we look after our land from 1 October.

We know how important our grass-cutting and grounds maintenance service is to our customers. In recent months, we have been reviewing the service and listening to your feedback on what works well and where improvements are needed.

This helped guide our decision to move to a new supplier when the contract expired at the end of September 2022.

While this process is underway, we will continue to monitor general areas for any health and safety issues that may arise. However, as we implement the changeover in October and November, we will not be able to offer our normal service.

We hope you will bear with us during this time. Our aim is to improve the quality and performance of the service and this is an important step.

Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns.


We are responsible for maintaining trees on our communal land, to ensure that they do not pose a health and safety risk to members of the public. Our policy is to protect our existing trees wherever possible so that works are only carried out if a tree is dead, dying, diseased, dangerous, likely to cause damage to property or is inappropriately located. You can read our tree policy here.

We will only treat trees within our customer's gardens that are deemed a health and safety risk, or that are causing damage to property. We may charge our tenant for any work we undertake.

As a Selwood Housing customer, if you are concerned about a tree on our land, or within your garden please let us know using the form below.

Do you have a question?

If you have any questions about our grounds maintenance service, please send us your question via the form below or call us on 01225 715 715.

We will first check if the land or feature in question is owned by Selwood Housing. If it is not, and the land is within Wiltshire, you can report your query to Wiltshire Council via the 'MyWiltshire' app or via their website.

Grounds maintenance form

Grounds maintenance form

We are serious about protecting your privacy and promise to store and look after your personal information carefully and in line with UK law and our privacy notice.

Looking for tips on caring for your garden?

Visit our tips and advice pages for helpful tips to support you throughout the seasons.

Scrutiny review

Our scrutiny team looked at our grounds maintenance service for one of their independent reviews.