Menu Close


Swapping your home

Mutual exchange

A mutual exchange (the swapping of a home and tenancy) with another housing association or local authority tenant is a quick and effective way of moving.

You can look for another tenant to exchange with by using Homeswapper, which is free to use for our customers.

Once you have found someone to exchange with, both parties will need to complete a mutual exchange application form via the Homeswapper website.

If you are thinking of moving and want to apply for a mutual exchange, take a moment to read through our mutual exchange advice.

Find an exchange partner

Find someone to swap your home with via Homeswapper, a free to use service for our customers.

Tenant's guide to SwapTracker

Once you've found an exchange partner through Homeswapper you can use SwapTracker to apply for a mutual exchange and keep track of progress.

Apply for a mutual exchange

If you're thinking of agreeing a mutual exchange, take a look at our list of things to consider and actions to take.