This page sets out specific privacy information for our staff.
It explains what information we obtain, use and may hold about our prospective, current, and former staff.
What information we hold about our staff
The information we may obtain or hold about job applicants, board members and current and former employees normally includes the following:
- Recruitment information including references, correspondence, right to work checks and related documents, qualifications, training.
- Emergency contacts, demographic information (e.g. address).
- Employment details including start date, contractual terms, job title, previous employment details.
- Payroll and bank details.
- Pay benefits including pension schemes, incentive schemes and expenses, as well as tax related information.
- Holidays and other leave, sickness absences and medical information, family leave (maternity and paternity).
- Performance information, such as appraisals and training and development needs.
- Disciplinary, conduct and grievance matters, and information gathered in the course of ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures such as the security of our premises, IT systems and financial systems.
- Special categories of personal data for equal opportunities and diversity monitoring, including health, religious beliefs, sexual life or sexual orientation, trade union membership, ethnicity.
- Information about any disabilities you tell us about in order that we can make adjustments for you.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences (including DBS checks).
- Photographs of staff and CCTV footage. We may also capture staff data in our interactions with tenants, including calls and emails.
How we get the information
Selwood obtains information about its staff from the following sources:
- Directly from you/the staff member.
- From an employment agency.
- From external or internal referees.
- From occupational health and other health providers.
- From pension administrators and other government departments, for example tax details from HMRC.
- From your trade union.
- From providers of staff benefits.
- From customers, other members of staff or other agencies in the course of our business.
What we do with the information and who we share it with
We use staff information to discharge our obligations as an employer, to manage our relationship with our staff, and in the course of delivering Selwood's services to customers.
Sharing of personal data relating to employees may include the following:
- For the management of payroll services. We currently use Access UK and MHR International UK Limited for this.
- In order to administer pension and benefits, in particular with the Wiltshire Pension Fund and Scottish Widows.
- To facilitate the recruitment function and ensuring safer recruitment processes for working with vulnerable adults. In particular we work with Networx recruitment.
- In order to assist with business and company operations. For instance, we work with ADP.
- Personal data may be shared with counselling services agencies, employment agencies, legal and other professional advisers, customers and interested parties.
- In order to manage sickness and health issues with occupational health and medical professionals.
- Personal data may be shared with the HMRC, DWP and the Home Office for tax, immigration compliance and benefits purposes.
- Personal data may also be shared with other third party organisations including insurance companies and for employment references.
In general, our legal basis for using information is a mix of contract, legal obligation, public interest considerations and our and others' legitimate interests.
This document was last updated on 16th March 2020.