My Account | Register

Pay your rent

By Direct Debit

Paying your rent by Direct Debit will mean that your rent is paid automatically and securely every time.

Set up a Direct Debit today.

Online rent payment

To make a rent payment online, use PayPoint's online payment website. This allows you to make a rent payment at any time of day, using a debit or credit card.

PayPoint are a different organisation to Selwood Housing.

You can find more information about this service and some common questions and answers below.

Other ways to pay your rent

Standing order

Standing orders are an instruction from your bank to send money to us. If your rent changes you will have to change the standing order at your bank (unlike Direct Debit which is updated automatically).

Download our standing order form. Then complete and return this to your bank.

Pay over the phone

Call us on 01225 715 715 to make a rent payment over the phone. We accept most major debit and credit cards.

Pay in person

There are a number of ways that you can pay your rent in person:

  • Visit our office during opening hours with your rent payment card. (Payments made after 4pm will not credit your account until the next working day.)
  • You can pay with cash at any PayPoint or Payzone outlet. Provide the cashier with your rent payment card and cash.
  • Pay by cash or cheque at any Post Office branch, with your rent payment card. Write your name, address and rent account number on the back of your cheque. Payments made in this way are credited to your account within two-three working days.

Pay by post

Send a cheque or postal order (not cash) to us at:

Selwood Housing
Bryer Ash Business Park
Bradford Road
BA14 8RT

Make your cheque or postal order payable to Selwood Housing. Write your address and rent number on the back.

Via MyAccount

MyAccount allows you to pay your rent online, as well as having 24/7 access to your rent account.

Register for MyAccount

Login to MyAccount

I'm struggling to pay my rent, what should I do?

If you are struggling to pay your rent please tell us. Look-up the account manager for your town or village. We will be able to advise you of your options and agree an affordable repayment plan if you owe us any unpaid rent.

If you are struggling to pay because of a Universal Credit application, let us know as soon as possible, we may be able to support you with your application. Also visit our Universal Credit page.

Download our how to manage your money guide for more information.

How can I get a statement for my rent account?

If you would like a statement to be sent to you please email your name and address to

This statement is for your information only and is a snapshot of your account on the day that the statement was printed.

Alternatively by registering with MyAccount you can access details of your last ten transactions at any time of day.

For immediate balances use our text balance' service.

How can I request a refund?

To request a refund please complete our request for refund form and return to us as advised on the form. For a paper copy to be posted to you please call us on 01225 715 715 .

I've lost my rent payment card, what do I do?

If you have lost your card just let us know and we will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you. Contact us on our main number 01225 715 715.

How can I report someone who owes Selwood Housing money. What should I do?

All rental income that we collect supports us to provide services for our tenants.

If you know of someone who you believe still owes Selwood Housing money from when they lived in one of our homes, please call us on 01225 715 715 or email

You don't need to provide us with your contact details but if you do, we can update you on what action we've taken.

How is my rent calculated?

When setting the rent for a social rent home we have to use a Government formula. This formula is designed to make sure that the rents of different social landlords are set fairly and consistently. The Government introduced this rent setting formula in 2002 and it was first used to set 'target' or ideal rents for every property.

The target rent for each home was worked out by:

- taking the national average rent; and
- adjusting it to reflect average local earnings; and
- adjusting it to reflect the value of the property (including the number of bedrooms)

Like all other housing associations across England, Selwood Housing are required to set and change rents in line with government policy. The current policy is that rents will decrease by 1% per annum starting in April 2016. The rent cut, in principle, will apply to almost all tenancies that are currently subject to the Rent Standard – social rented housing and affordable rented housing.

How are service charges calculated?

Service charges are calculated based on the actual costs Selwood Housing incurs for an area, scheme or block. These costs are then split across the properties that can access or receive benefit of these services, this means you will only pay for your fair share of the services available, depending on where you live.

Useful links

Need an up to date instant balance?

For up to date balances you can use our text balance service. Simply:

  • Call us on 01225 715 715 and ask to sign up to the text balance service. Let the customer service adviser know your mobile number and a four digit identification PIN that you would like to use
  • You're then set up and ready to go! Simply text 07520 660 579 with the word 'balance' followed by a space and your identification PIN number
  • You'll then receive back a text from us letting you know your current balance.
Selwood Housing is a registered charity (1141124). Selwood Housing Society Limited is a company limited by guarantee (4168336). We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority reference no 739371. All rights reserved.
Our offices will be closed on Thursday 17 October for our annual staff event, re-opening at 3pm. If you have a genuine emergency, please call our out-of-hours service on 01225 715 715.