Check out our guide on the steps to take if you lose heating or hot water due to an E119 fault code on your Baxi Duo-tech boiler.
- First, check your thermostat is up to 30Â° and your programmer is set to 'ON'.Â
- Check the display on your boiler for an E119 fault code â€“ if it displays this, it's possible you have low pressure. Check the pressure gauge, if it is down in the red section or on zero, you have low pressure. Â
- Look under the bottom right-hand side of the boiler.Â Only use the two quarter turn handles on the right hand side. Do not touch any of the handles at the back.Â Â
- Turn the first handle a quarter turn towards the back of the boiler.Â Â Then, turn the secondÂ handle a quarter turn so it is in line with the pipe above.Â Â
- Keep an eye on your pressure gauge and watch the needle go up. This can be slow, so please be patient.Â
- Once the pressure is at 1.5 bar, turn the handles back to their original positions.Â Â
- Check the pressure gauge to make sure it's in the green.Â If your boiler is still showing an E119 fault code, turn the left switch to â€˜R' and then back to its original position.Â
If you are still having issues with your heating or hot water, give us a call at 01225 715 715 or visit our request a repair page.