Preventing antisocial behaviour
Working to prevent antisocial behaviour
As well as tackling antisocial behaviour we also work to prevent it in the first place.
- All new tenants are issued with a 12 month starter tenancy. We are then able to end a tenancy if its conditions are broken
- We partner with other organisations to engage in activities and initiatives that make our communities great places to live. For example we regularly help to organise community fun days, activities for children and community litter picks. Visit our community news page for upcoming events
- We make ongoing improvements to our neighbourhoods such as improving street lighting and installing fencing
- We are trialling how we use technology to prevent antisocial behaviour, such as using temporary CCTV cameras to deter ASB or to help us investigate.
Using technology to report noise
As well as prevention, technology can help us to gather evidence that antisocial behaviour is occurring.
When investigating noise nuisance, we will ask the person reporting to complete and return incident diary sheets. We need to have a thorough understanding of the noise that is occurring, any associated behaviour and the impact that this form of antisocial behaviour is having on the neighbourhood.
As well as completing diary sheets, we now ask customers to download The Noise App on their mobile phone. Instances of noise nuisance can be recorded and sent directly to the neighbourhood team. More information about the noise app and how to install this can be found here or watch this short video.
We are able to support and resolve antisocial behaviour through working with a range of partners:
- Wiltshire Council
- Mendip District Council
- Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Wiltshire Police
- Avon and Somerset Police
- Adult and Children's services
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Richmond Fellowship
- Turning Point
Selwood Housing is a registered charity (1141124). Selwood Housing Society Limited is a company limited by guarantee (4168336). We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority reference no 739371.
All rights reserved.